Spiga

MICHAEL CORHS: DEAR FRIEND.......

----- Original Message ----
From: MICHAEL CORHS
To: kot100@hotmail.com
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:41:04 AM
Subject: DEAR FRIEND


Hello Friend,


I introduce myself as Michael Cohrs, Global Head of Offshore Banking at
Deutsche Bank. You can go through the bank for confirmation:

http://www.deutsche-bank.de/en/content/company/group_executive_committee.htm.

I would respectfully request that you keep the contents of this mail
confidential and respect the integrity of the information you come by as a
result of this mail. I contact you independently of our investigation and
emphasise the reason of this communication. I would like to intimate you
with certain facts that I believe would be of interest to you. In 1996,
the subject matter; Moser came to our bank to engage in business
discussions with our private banking division. He informed us that he had
a financial portfolio of Nineteen million United States dollars, which he
wished to have us turn over (invest) on his behalf. I was the officer
assigned to his case, I made numerous suggestions in line with my duties
as the de-facto global head of the Offshore banking sector, especially
given the volume of funds he wished to put into our bank. We met on
numerous occasions prior to any investments being placed. I encouraged him
to consider various growth funds with prime ratings.

The favoured route in my advise to customers is to start by assessing data on
6000 traditional stocks and bond managers and 2000 managers of alternative
investments popularly known as hedge Funds based on my advice, We spun the
money around various opportunities and made attractive margins for our
first months of operation, the accrued profit and interest stood at this
point at over 19.37 million United States Dollars, this margin was not the
full potential of the fund but he desired low risk guaranteed returns on
investments. In mid 1997, he asked that the money be liquidated because
he needed to make an urgent investment requiring cash payments in Antwerp.
He directed that I liquidate the funds and had it deposited with a firm in
Belgium. I informed him that Deutsche Bank would have to make special
arrangements to have this done and in order not to circumvent due process,
the bank would have to make a 2.5 % deduction from the funds to cater for
banking and statutory charges. He complained about the charges but later
came around when I explained to him the complexities of the task he was
asking of us, he was more worried about the heavy taxation the European
union might impose and also to avoid dual taxation from European member
countries. Cash movement across borders has become especially strict since
the incidents of 9/11.

I contacted my affiliate in Belgium and had the funds available in mainland
Europe. I undertook all the processes and made sure I followed his precise
instructions to the letter and had the funds deposited at the Brussels
based security consultancy firm, Imperial Asset Management Company .
Imperial Asset
Management Company is a private firm that accepts deposits from high net
worth individuals and blue chip corporations that handle valuable products
or undertake transactions that need immediate access to cash. This small
and highly private organisation is familiar especially to the highly
placed and well-connected organisations. In Line with instructions, the
money was deposited with Imperial Asset Management Company. Moser told me
he wanted the money there in anticipation of his arrival from Norway later
that week. This was the last communication we had, this transpired around
27th September 1997. In June last year, we got a call from Imperial Asset
Management Company informing us of the inactivity of that particular
portfolio.

This was an astounding position as far as I was concerned, given the fact
that I was still in the Offshore banking sector I'm the only one other
than Tony Dupan who himself is on a year's leave of absence and is now a
visiting lecturer at the London School Of Economics still works for the
bank as we both served on the sub-committee on Mr. Moser’s portfolio
initially who knew about the deposit at Imperial Asset Management Company,
and I could not understand why Moser had not come forward to claim his
deposit. We made futile efforts to locate Moser. I immediately passed the
task of locating him to the internal investigations department of Deutsche
Bank. Four days later, information started to trickle in, apparently Moser
was dead. A person who suited his description was declared dead of a heart
attack in Canne, South of France. We were soon enough able to identify the
body and cause of death was confirmed. The bank immediately launched an
investigation into possible surviving next of kin to alert about the
situation and also to come forward to claim his estate. If you are
familiar with Offshore banking affairs, those who patronise our services
usually prefer anonymity, but also some levels of detachment from
conventional processes. In his bio-data form, he listed no next of kin. In
the field of Offshore banking, opening an account with us means no one
will know of its existence, accounts are rarely held under a name;
depositors use numbers and codes to make the accounts anonymous. This bank
also gives the choice to depositors of having their mail sent to them or
held at the bank itself, ensuring that there are no traces of the account
and as I said, rarely do they nominate next of kin. Offshore Banking
clients apart from not nominating next of kin also usually in most cases
leave wills in our care, in this case; Moser died intestate. In line with
our internal processes for account holders who have passed away, we
instituted our own investigations in good faith to determine who should
have right to claim the estate.

This investigation has for the past months been unfruitful. We have
scanned every continent and used our private investigation affiliate
companies to get to the root of the problem. It is this investigation that
resulted in my being furnished with your details as a possible relative of
the deceased. My official capacity dictates that my department supervises
the eventual outcome of the investigation. You had unfortunately declared
that you are in no way affiliated with this individual. What this means,
you being the last batch of names we had considered, is that our dear late
fellow died with no known or identifiable family member. This leaves you
as the only person with the full picture of what the prevailing situation
is in relation to the deposit and the late beneficiary of the deposit.
According to practice, Imperial Asset Management Company will by the end
of this year broadcast a request for statements of claim to Deutsche Bank,
failing to receive viable claims they will most probably revert the
deposit back to Deutsche Bank. This will result in the money entering the
Deutsche Bank accounting system and the portfolio will be out of my hands
and out of the Offshore banking division. This will not happen if I have
my way. What I wish to relate to you will smack of unethical practice but
I want you to understand something. It is only an outsider to the banking
world who finds the internal politics of the banking world aberrational.

The world of Offshore banking especially is fraught with huge rewards for
those who occupy certain offices and oversee certain portfolios. You
should have begun by now to put together the general direction of what I
propose. There is US$ 19,370,000.00 deposited in Brussels, I have the
deposit details and they will release the deposit to no one unless under
directives from my office, as far as Deutsche Bank is concerned, the
transaction with Moser concluded when the funds were sent to Brussels, all
outstanding interactions in relation to the file are just routine and due
process. Imperial Asset Management Company has no single idea of what's
the history or nature of the deposit. They are simply awaiting
instructions to release the deposit to any party that comes forward as the
beneficiary this is the situation.

This bank has spent great amounts of money trying to track this man`s
family; they have investigated for years and have found no family. The
investigation had been concluded and closed a while back not until our
recent search. My proposal; you share similar details to the late fellow;
I am prepared to place you in a position to instruct Imperial Asset
Management Company to release the deposit to you as the closest surviving
relation. Upon receipt of the deposit, I am prepared to share the money
with you as the beneficiary That is: I will simply nominate you as the
next of kin and have them release the deposit to you. You will get 30% of
$19.37 million while I take 70%. I would have gone ahead to ask the funds
be released to me, but that would have drawn a straight line to me and my
involvement in claiming the deposit. But on the other hand, you with the
same name as the original depositor would easily pass as the beneficiary
with right to claim.

I assure you that I could have the deposit released to you within a few
days no later than 10 business days. I will simply inform the bank of the
final closing of the file relating to Moser. I will then officially
communicate with Imperial Asset Management Company and instruct them to
release the deposit to you. With these two things: all is done. The
alternative would be for us to have Imperial Asset Management Company send
the funds to another bank with you as account holder. This way there will
be no need for you to think of receiving the money from Imperial Asset
Management Company. We can fine-tune this based on our interactions. I am
aware of the consequences of this proposal. I ask that if you find no
interest in this project that you should reconsider your position. I ask
that you do not be too hasty to draw up conclusions as I have put in a lot
of effort into this and your role will be only that of a benefactor.

You may not know this but people like myself who have made tidy sums out
of comparable situations run the whole Offshore sector and in my
profession this is not an uncommon practise as one might think I do not
find against good conscience, this may be hard for you to understand, but
the dynamics of my industry dictates that I make this move. Such
opportunities only come ones way once in a lifetime.

We should not let this chance pass us by, for once I find myself in total
control of my destiny. I am a family man and this is an opportunity to
provide them with new opportunities. There is a reward for this project
and it is a task well worth undertaking. I have evaluated the risks and
the risks on your side is barely minimal because hundreds of claims are
filed everyday at the claims and deposits departments so it's not an
unusual practise that may raise eye-brows I am the only one who knows of
this situation, good fortune has blessed you with a name that has planted
you into the center of relevance in my life. Lets share the blessing. If
you find yourself able to work with me, contact me through this same email
account.

I do not particularly know you so I would wait on your response to judge
your level of transparency and honesty need not you disappear after the
money gets into your coffers with a level of understanding between us I
will start the initiation of this process towards a conclusion. I do not
want you contacting me through my official phone lines nor do I want you
contacting me through my official email account as this transaction will
not be done under the clock of my employer. Contact will be through my
personal numbers and also through this email address; same could apply to
you if you wish. My official lines are not secure lines as they are
periodically monitored to assess our level of customer care in line with
our Total Quality Management Policy.

A very dear friend of mine and university classmate Mr. Michael Soden of
Bank Of Ireland had to quit his job in May when unethical material was
found on his office computer during a routine maintenance of his machine
and the results of the internal investigation were leaked to the local
press seriously denting his career after all the service, good work and
sacrifice he had given the industry. Please observe this instruction
religiously. Please, again, note I am a family man, I have wife and
children. I send you this mail not without a measure of doubt as to what
the consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing
gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of
gold. This is the one truth I have learnt from my private banking clients.


Do not betray my confidence.


Don`t betray my trust and confidence in you.


I await your response.


Michael .
michaelcorhs@gmail.com

0 comments: